For The City
For The City
Kavanaugh is a leading congregation in this week of massive mission projects. Greenville churches are working together to benefit the people of Greenville.
More than 600 people served in 2019!
With God’s help more than 320 members of 32 churches in June, 2017:
- Completed carpentry, paint, or roof repair on 12 houses.
- Mowed, trimmed trees, and removed poison ivy on 6 yards.
- Finished 1 major yard project at the Salvation Army.
- Repaired 2 retaining walls at the Greenville Sports Park.
- Made 5 trips to the dump.
- Filled 450 trash bags.
- Visited 400 residents in 5 nursing homes and assisted-living facilities.
- Packed and delivered 500 goody bags to 80 apartment residents, 2 senior living communities, Glen Oaks Hospital, daycare workers, the Public Library, Hunt County Courthouse employees, 3 post office locations, Greenville Police Department, Hunt County Sheriff’s Office, Hunt County E.M.S., and 4 fire stations.
- Visited 220 businesses downtown and along Wesley Street with prayers and encouragement.
- Walked more than 5 miles in the process and collected trash along the way. The leader said that he burned an average of 3,483 calories daily while walking an average of 10,153 steps a day according to FitBit.
- Visited 70 patients in the cancer center at Hunt Regional Medical Center.
- Corporately prayed for more than 10 hours before F.T.C. by 35 people.
- Served 640 lunches to the workers.
- Labored an aggregate of 5,000 hours in planning and execution.
- And took more than 4,100 photographs by 4 photographers.
For The City organizes quarterly worship services at a variety of churches so that we may not only work together in June, but also, worship and fellowship together.
For more information visit www.ForTheCity.info