Kid's Day Out
Kavanaugh Kid's Day Out
Kavanaugh Kid's Day Out (K.K.D.O.) plans to resume in January, 2021. Health-safety protocols will be in effect.
Kavanaugh UMC offers a loving, safe program for children ages 6 months to 5 years. All children are welcomed. Kid’s Day Out provides planned Christian-based activities and guided play to develop children spiritually, intellectually, and physically while allowing parents to have some time for themselves. Sessions USUALLY meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 am to 2:30 p.m. during the school year and during the summer months.
There is a registration fee of $25 for the first child and $15 for each additional child in the family, to cover the cost of supplies.
Registration is a commitment to participate in the Kid’s Day Out program for the year, unless a change in circumstances prevents a child from attending. Parents may register their children throughout the year.
Parents complete a personal information form for each child, including emergency contact information for someone who will be available to pick up the child in case of illness and a release form restricting release of the child to the parents or other designated individual and giving permission for emergency treatment in the unlikely event of an accident or injury.
If Kid’s Day Out is full for the year, children will be placed on a waiting list and notify parents as space becomes available in the program.
- This year, we have moved to charging for the entire month in order to help with teacher planning. Tuition is $120 a month if you plan for your child to attend two days a week (that is, on Tuesdays AND Thursdays or $75 a month if you plan for your child to attend only one day a week (that is, on Tuesday OR Thursday).
The session fee is due even if the child doesn’t stay for the entire session.
When it is necessary for a child to be absent, parents are urged to cancel as far in advance as possible by calling the church at (903) 455-2869.
- New: Please follow the health-safety protocols, such as dropping off and picking up children. Check with Dee Garner.
- Parents need to provide their child’s lunch.
- Please send a naptime mat or blanket and a light covering blanket with your child. Please label all personal items with child's name.
- Please do not bring children who are ill or having a reaction to immunizations. (No runny noses, sneezing or coughing, digestive upsets, etc.)
- Children must be free of fever for at least 24 hours prior to the day of attendance.
- If a child becomes ill during a Kid’s Day Out session, the emergency contact person will be called to pick up the child.
Contact Dee Garner at (903) 455-2869 or email@example.com for more information about registration.