Kid's Day Out
Kavanaugh Kid's Day Out
Kavanaugh Kid's Day Out (K.K.D.O.) plans to resume in Fall, 2022. Watch this page in the summer for details. Thank you.
Kavanaugh UMC offers a loving, safe program for children ages 6 months to 5 years. All children are welcomed. Kid’s Day Out provides planned Christian-based activities and guided play to develop children spiritually, intellectually, and physically while allowing parents to have some time for themselves. Sessions USUALLY meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 am to 2:30 p.m. during the school year and during the summer months.
There is a registration fee of $25 for the first child and $15 for each additional child in the family, to cover the cost of supplies.
Registration is a commitment to participate in the Kid’s Day Out program for the year, unless a change in circumstances prevents a child from attending. Parents may register their children throughout the year.
Parents complete a personal information form for each child, including emergency contact information for someone who will be available to pick up the child in case of illness and a release form restricting release of the child to the parents or other designated individual and giving permission for emergency treatment in the unlikely event of an accident or injury.
If Kid’s Day Out is full for the year, children will be placed on a waiting list and notify parents as space becomes available in the program.
- This year, we have moved to charging for the entire month in order to help with teacher planning. Tuition is $120 a month if you plan for your child to attend two days a week (that is, on Tuesdays AND Thursdays or $75 a month if you plan for your child to attend only one day a week (that is, on Tuesday OR Thursday).
The session fee is due even if the child doesn’t stay for the entire session.
When it is necessary for a child to be absent, parents are urged to cancel as far in advance as possible by calling the church at (903) 455-2869.
- New: Please follow the health-safety protocols, such as dropping off and picking up children. Check with Dee Garner.
- Parents need to provide their child’s lunch.
- Please send a naptime mat or blanket and a light covering blanket with your child. Please label all personal items with child's name.
- Please do not bring children who are ill or having a reaction to immunizations. (No runny noses, sneezing or coughing, digestive upsets, etc.)
- Children must be free of fever for at least 24 hours prior to the day of attendance.
- If a child becomes ill during a Kid’s Day Out session, the emergency contact person will be called to pick up the child.
Contact Dee Garner at (903) 455-2869 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about registration.
REGISTRATION FORM FOR SPRING, 2022
Please print the following form and complete.
Kavanaugh Kids Day Out Enrollment Form
Preferred Communication: Mother/Father
Child Resides With: __________
Physician in case of an emergency:____________
Does your child have any specific dietary restrictions , allergies, or health concerns that require special attention?
Other than parents listed, who is allowed to pick up your child from KKDO:
I give permission for my child’s picture to be printed and posted on the church’s website and social media. No names will be listed. Yes__ No__
A non-refundable registration fee is required to secure a place in the program.
The first month’s tuition is due on or before the first day of classes.
The parent or legal guardian assumes full responsibility for the
protection of the child to and from the church and further agree they will not hold Kavanaugh United Methodist Church, Faculty, Staff or any member of the ministry responsible for any
accidental injury that may occur in play activities in which the child engages or from other causes not due to the negligence of the ministry. The staff will render emergency treatment until a designated person can be reached. If the staff cannot locate either parent or guardian, the staff will call a physician.
I, the parent or guardian, do acknowledge I have read and will comply with all the rules and regulations set forth above in the KKDO Enrollment Form.
Required Before Admission:
____ Completed Enrollment Form
____ First Month’s Tuition
____ Copy of Birth Certificate
____ Copy of current shot records
____ Parent Handbook Agreement Form